Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Open Bus tour of Rome


Our Colosseum tour ended on the topmost existing level from where we could get some beautiful views of the lovely ancient city of Rome. As I looked below at the streets I saw an 


open roofed bus full of tourists going around the city. It kindled in me a desire to charter one of these buses, sit on the roofless top and go around the historic city of Rome with my 




favourite glass of Black Dog Centenary Scotch and celebrate the astonishing history of Rome with the finest scotch. I did precisely that in my fantasy.


As the bus took me around Rome, I sipped on the Black Dog Centenary scotch which has a pronounced rich malt and oak and sherry sweetness that spreads warmly in the mouth like silent waves. The aroma of matured wood and toasted malt that emerges everytime the glass is raised for a sip was incredible in the warm sunny weather of Rome as we passed the Colosseum and the Forum. We also noticed fountains in every Piazza (square) and corner. Apparently the water from any of these fountains is drinkable! I did the next best thing. 


Poured some of the pure water from the fountain into my glass of the finest scotch, the Black Dog Centenary and celebrated the historic city with a historic drink.


Cheers!

Drink responsibly.



5 comments:

  1. Nice bus. I thought you will also pour some black dog to lit a fire in the fireplace a la Khuswant Singh. :) Or pour some black dog in the frying pan while frying chicken.... the uses are many. :)

    ReplyDelete

Road tripping in Germany - 7 Black forest

  Bühlertal Our final destination on this road trip before we returned to Berlin was the cherry on the cake, rather the cake itself! Yes, ...