Thursday, February 20, 2020

The Parking Lot book reviewed


The Parking LotThe Parking Lot by Karthik Kotresh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As the title suggests all the action revolves around the parking lot in a mall.
A tightly paced narrative to keep the reader hooked is commendable for a writer writing his first book. It surely is unputdownable. Not many characters, just the bare minimum to keep the story going.
Good language skills, good plot and well edited too.
My only grouse against the book is that I could read it at night without getting scared. Yes, this is supposed to be a horror story but in the end you realise why. It is not the usual bhoot bungla, run of the mill ghost story.
He tried to introduce a romantic angle to the story too but sorry to say it seemed superfluous. Could have done without it.
The characters have been fleshed out quite well without going into too much of detail.
The bottom line is it's all in the mind till it comes out in the open to mock and threaten you.
I don't wish to play spoilsport so won't say much except urge you to give it a read if you like thrillers.
I bought the Kindle version. At Rs.99/- it is Value for money.
I enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Amsterdam

We landed in Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport on a cold, rainy, windy afternoon.  Not a very welcome sign but we soon realised that the weather ...