Saturday, November 14, 2020

Notes from Nepal - Book review

 

Notes from NepalNotes from Nepal by Joshi Mukard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very well written book about adventure travel in Nepal. A tongue in cheek account of the Nepali way of life and the typical characteristics of the Nepalis.
I had always been fascinated about the Annapurna Base Camp trek and have read quite a few travel stories about it but this one beat them all hands down. However the tedious and tiresome the trek might have been, the author gets it across with dollops of humour. You will not turn a single page without a smile.

Here are a few excerpts to give you an idea of the laughs that you are in for when you read the book.

Some of the wooden planks from the flooring have gone missing, creating enough gaps for an average sized person to fall through effortlessly, and kill themselves by smashing their heads on round inviting rocks below, which appear to be there just for this purpose.

I even reply with a never before elaboration to forwarded Good Morning messages to people whose messages I never once bothered to even open,...

My odd behaviour is not a side effect of over-drinking. It feels like I'm saying my goodbyes.

I had already compromised on my dream of sleeping in a bag that doesn't have somebody else's fart collection.

Intriguingly, the latest news that's out there on the internet about bear attacks in the area dates back to 2014. I don't know what happened to the bears after 2014. It cannot be like they just called a meeting, held a referendum, and elected to remove humans from their hit list.


It is a one sitting read. Perfect for short flights or lonely evenings or just about anytime you feel like uplifting your spirits.
I bought this book on Amazon Kindle for a measly 99/- Go for it guys. It's worth every rupee spent.

View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. one of interesting places to visit.
    Thank you for sharing review and summary.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to offer you a perhaps "daily dose of Annapurna".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHnnofbaeo&feature=emb_rel_end

    Wonderful that so many people like this place on earth. And to read a book over that, yes, I like it!

    Happy Diwali 2020

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, will check out the video later for sure.

      Delete
  3. I really liked your article, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Road tripping in Germany - 7 Black forest

  Bühlertal Our final destination on this road trip before we returned to Berlin was the cherry on the cake, rather the cake itself! Yes, ...